Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pregnancy insomnia and dry skin

I have come to believe that pregnancy insomnia is a work of the Devil himself. Why in all that is holy in this world would someone torment a very tired and hormonally imbalanced woman with insomnia? I was wide awake last night, unable to sleep a wink. So I sat for hours in the dark on the interwebs, trying to bore myself into a deep deep slumber. I eventually did get to sleep, but it didn't last long. I spent a long long night tossing, turning, and unfortunately waking up my husband one too many times.

I also never realized that pregnancy would zap my body of all moisture. I am constantly applying lotion and cream, I have insanely itchy skin, and no matter how much I drink, no matter how cool the water I shower in is, or how infrequently I do shower, I am in misery. If I make it through this winter and have any skin left, I will dance a freaking jig. On a positive note, my hair and nails look fabulous!! So that I can be thankful for!

I have an appointment on New Years Eve, early early in the morning. Just a check up. Then in January we go in for the Big U/S. Don't get your hopes up though, we are keeping things a secret!

No comments: