Friday, January 9, 2009

18 Weeks Pregnant, and some pictures

I swore up and down that I would not do the weekly belly shot, and now I kind of wish I had. However I will start posting some every once in a while... and while I kind of cringe about the thought of willingly posting pictures of my overweight body, I feel as if those of us who would be labeled as "grossly overweight, or obese, or even in my case morbidly obese" do not get to celebrate our pregnancies the way smaller people do. I am not bitching about this, because there is no reason to. I just want to give some other big ladies out there the go ahead to put your pregnant bellies out there....there are plenty of other big pregnant ladies who are searching google images every day to see if there is anyone out there like them. So with that, I will post a couple of pictures of me at 18 weeks.


So there is not a whole lot to see to you all..but to me these are really telling. I can see the definite changes to my tummy and midsection definitely larger.... I am starting to get excited, and I hope that these pictures will give other larger lovely ladies some courage to share in your joy and happiness of being pregnant, whether or not you feel like you look pregnant or not.

That being said, I will leave you with one other picture. This picture was taken of my husband and I either just before or just after I got my positive test. I think that it shows quite the difference in my body. If you followed my blog from the beginning, you know that I had lost 34 pounds or so before I got pregnant. So this was me early pregnancy or pre-pregnancy.

1 comment:

Angi said...

I think it is great you celebrating your pregnancy by posting pictures. I can see a def. change in your mid-section!!
Yea for a baby bump!!fes