Saturday, February 21, 2009

24 weeks, doctor update, and nursery progress(again)



Ok so I think I look pretty good in this picture. Hahaha. I finally got some new pants so I have more clothing options to choose from. Definite changes going on here, I am starting to feel better, though I still don't like being stared at when I am out walking.
I had my 24 week check-up, and this baby is getting big. Big enough to worry the doctor and suggest more walking and eating better. I don't know how much more I can do. I try to eat well, get my stretching and exercises, who knows what will happen. But the baby was looking good....sleepy, and all curled up, but the baby is 1 lb. 12oz. (whoady big) in the 95%ile. The test results from my last appointment came back well within the normal limits, but now we have a baseline to keep in watch for high blood pressure. I will go for my glucose tolerance test in a few weeks, and we shall see what comes of that.
We also went out and ordered the crib this afternoon, and while I thought we were going to have luck and get it right away, we have to wate 7 to 14 days for it to be shipped to the store. Either way, its great to know that within a couple of weeks we will have a place for baby to sleep. The room is almost painted completely, we just have a couple more places where the paint needs touched up, and the floor needs a going over once or twice, but then we are good to go.
Hopefully soon I will be able to get my sisters and MIL on the same page with planning a baby shower. We shall surely see.

1 comment:

Jill said...

If you ordered the crib at BRU they usually come in much earlier than even 7 days. I ordered my crib and called about 5 days later, it was already in and then when we ordered our changing table they told us 7-14 days and it was in after 4 days.