Saturday, May 30, 2009

We got our Pack & Play.

So I had my heart set on the pack & play that matched the travel system that we received (it was awesome I will have to say) but just a little too expensive...even with our discount coupons and rewards checks and whatnot. Sooo I started looking at other ones. I had picked out one that I could deal with, had almost all the features I wanted and was a heck of a lot cheaper. I finally get Josh on board to get one, we go to Babies R Us and look at it, and of course he starts wandering around looking at the one next to the p&p we were looking at. OMG it was perfect. Slightly more expensive than the one I picked out, but it has a music and vibration thing with MP3 hook up, you can record a ten second snippet of your voice to the thing and it has multiple music options for pre set sounds....sleepy music, playing music, and nature sounds. It also has a canopy with a mobile, a changing table and an organizer to hold diapers and wipes and what not. The techie in Josh sold him on this new pack& play the minute he started pushing the buttons, and I was sold when I noticed that the mobile had monkeys on it, and was green, brown and white.....the colors we did the nursery in.
Unfortunately as we started looking around for the box, to take one home.....they were sold out. I asked someone if they had any more and she told me that they did not, and would not have them for a while but I could be put on the request list, and if they received any in shipment they would call me. Or I could try online...(Of which you cannot find this collection of baby gear yet). So I put my name on the list...but being impatient and hopefully not pregnant for very much longer, I did not want to wait...haha. I decided to call Babies R Us in Ann Arbor. They had 6 in stock, and so yesterday I asked them to hold one for Josh, and he ran over there after work and bought it. He came home and we had a hell of a time getting it put together, but managed finally (with only one outburst from Josh that had me nearly in tears) and I took some pictures for you all to see.



























So one other really cute thing is going on today...right as I am typing this blog. Josh is currently attending Daddy Boot Camp at the hospital right now. I really have no idea what he is doing but I do hope it involves teaching him how to change a diaper, and how to swaddle...haha. Though I do think the only reason he actually went was the promise of free swag. Namely a backpack, a can koozie, and "other miscellaneous gifts". I mean really who can go wrong with a class that offers that kind of incentive to attend??? Its like actually getting punch and pie when it is promised to you. LOL. So we shall see what he thinks of the boot camp and I will get back to you on what he learns.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the pack and play, what one is it? I will have to see if I can find a Daddy Boot Camp

Shannon A. said...

It is the Baby Trend Mojito pack & play. and DH's bootcamp was free to us for signing up for Birthing classes through the Mercy health System. Check it out!